"Walden" by Henry David Thoreau: A Study Guide is the result of extensive research. It provides support for a reflective reading of this classic text. This Guide is an aid to close and thoughtful reading of the book, not an alternative to it.
1. Teacher's Introduction;
2. List of characters with detailed notes;
3. Detailed analysis of philosophical background, themes, genre, narrative voice, etc;
4. Each chapter or section has a detailed summary, an analytical commentary and questions (81 in all) which guide the reader to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters. The questions are excellent for group discussion in class, but can also be used for self-study, homework, formal presentations, written answers, etc. NO answers are provided: the students WILL find their answers in the text.;
5. Glossary of relevant literary terms;
6. Suggestions on how to use the questions to promote discussions and presentation in class or reading circles;