This activity is designed to help students with solving square root equations. All the equations in this version are already set up to square both sides. No rearranging required. They also only require squaring once.
Student will practice the following skills
* solve equations with one square root
* solving using factoring
* check for extraneous solutions
This activity also gets students up and about. Place the 12 cards on the wall around your room. Students pick any card to begin with. They should solve the equation at the top of the card, then they should find the answer on another card. Then they solve the next problem. They should continue until they return to the card they started with.
Included are 2 version of this activity.
- One with 12 cards for use as a walk-around activity (includes a absent student version)
- A shorter version with only 6 cards great for table work, bell work or use as a review.
To help with grading, I have included 2 student answer sheets: One that includes room to show their work, and another with just boxes.
* Mid-Lesson or End of Lesson Check for understanding
* Math Station for students that have finished work early
* Test Review
* Homework Alternative
* Bell work