Designed to complement the story Walking through the Jungle by Julie Lacome, this exciting 178 page activity pack is packed full of crafts and activities to support children’s learning in a variety of ways. Use with or without the story to support learning about animals, actions, colours and numbers, whilst also building on literacy and vocabulary skills. While the activities are primarily designed to facilitate English language acquisition, they are also valuable materials to develop fine-motor skills, social skills and understanding of the world.
Activities are specifically designed to allow for differentiation of ability and context and come complete with COMPREHENSIVE ACTIVITY SUGGESTIONS.
For videos of the story and other related songs and resources see:
This pack includes ALL of the following:
* Colouring Sheets - Choose from a variety of sheets depending on ability and learning focus. Use the activity suggestions for extended learning ideas, focusing on colour, animal or word recognition.
* Numbers Jigsaw - Choose from a variety of jigsaw templates depending on the level of difficulty required. Follow the activity suggestions to create more learning fun with a scavenger hunt, jigsaw race or jigsaw craft.
* Finger Puppets – Use the templates provided to make jungle animal finger puppets then follow the activity suggestions to allow children to use their puppets in a variety of ways. Great for encouraging creative and imaginative skills!
* Find and Stick Craft - Children can use the templates to create their very own Walking through the Jungle scene then use the activity suggestions provided to play fun games that will support animal recognition and promote vocabulary skills.
* Snakes and Ladders - Choose from a variety of boards depending on level of difficulty and level of interactivity. You can simple print and play or conduct a craft activity with each child designing their own board. Use the activity suggestions for ideas on how to use the game to practice a variety of different vocabulary and grammar.
* Fortune Teller – This fun craft will provide opportunity for children to follow instructions, practice cutting, colouring and folding techniques whilst also working on their colour, animal and number recognition and counting skills. Playing with their finished fortune tellers will encourage children to interact with one another and take part in a variety of learning games as described in the activity suggestions.
* Mini-book - Using the templates, follow the instructions to make your very own Walking through the Jungle Mini Book. Children can play the games suggested whilst practising their folding, cutting and sticking skills then use their finished book to retell the story.
* Graphing dice and graphing templates - Using the variety of templates provided encourage children to practise their colouring, cutting and sticking skills. Once assembled, follow the activity suggestions to play fun games while practising the target language of your choosing.
* Decorative Writing Paper - Use the most suitable templates for the children in your care for writing or drawing tasks associated with the story or language focus. Different writing guidelines are provided to vary the level of support needed. Perfect for a nice creative project related to the story.
* Matching Cards - Use these cards to play fun matching and memory games.
* Mini-cards - Excellent for a range of games and sequencing tasks. Print multiple sets for pair and small group work.
* Flashcards – Use in a variety of ways to introduce and practice new language, develop literacy skills or as visual prompts for language games. Includes flash cards to prompt the children on the key refrains through the song / chant.
If you are interested in helping kids learn English through stories, songs and craft, please get in touch. I'm keen to collaborate with like-minded people and welcome feedback.