Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
Presented at NCSS 2013 in St. Louis.
Here is an exciting unit to help you bring the French and Indian War alive in your classroom. You can do the whole unit or use some of the lessons depending on what works best for you!
Students become cadets at a fictional British military academy at the outbreak of the French and Indian War. Cadets experience a variety of fun activities as they earn points toward their graduation day! Plenty of history, plenty of fun! This is a new and innovative way to experience the "War That Made America!"
Individual lessons can be used separately or as part of the whole war college experience! Whole simulation lasts two weeks if desired!
I have a video clip that goes along with the French and Forts lesson (Lesson #4). It is too big for this download. I went over the 200 mb limit but just a fraction. If you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I will be happy to make it available to you!
Here are the lessons:
1. Cadet Processing and Introduction to the War College - Background information on the French and Indian War.
2. An Officer Must Have An Understanding of Geography - Learning the Importance of Rivers and Lakes in the war.
3. La Petite Guerre and Re-enacting Braddock's Defeat
4. Early French Victories
5. The Hero of the French and Indian War - now includes the Robert Rogers play too.
6. The Tide Turns! A Close Look at the Battle of Quebec 1759
7. War Games (Lesson extension using Columbia Games "Battle of Quebec - this game is separate)