Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
5.06 MB | 130 pages
War Horse is a complete 14 lesson unit of work with a 130 slide editable PowerPoint presentation and a 16-page booklet of worksheets.
English Language Arts Teaching Resources: War Horse by Michael Morpurgo contains a range of lessons, tasks and activities designed to develop student knowledge and understanding of the historical context, plot, characters, language and themes of this excellent novel.
Our War Horse teaching resources include a collection of activities for pupils of all abilities:
- A unit overview with 14 four part lessons covering historical context, plot, character, themes and language
- Analysis of the characters of Joey, Albert, Father, Captain Nicholls and others
- Extension activities for high ability students
- Historical context understanding research activity
- Developing inference and deduction skills
- Empathetic writing - Joey's diary
- Hotseating to develop character knowledge and understanding
- Analyzing Michael Morpurgo's use of language and narrative structure in War Horse
- Writing a newspaper story
- 14 lesson unit of work
- A 130 slide PowerPoint presentation (see preview)
- 16 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint slideshow