War by Luigi Pirandello Short Story Bundle
This is a very comprehensive bundle with 40 pages of instructional resources and activities related to the short story, War by Luigi Pirandello Short Story Bundle. This unit was designed to give the teacher choice. I don’t expect that you will be able to use everything. These include,
1) Answering Questions with a Quote activity (open book quiz)
This is a complex activity which challenges students to not only answers the question, but to also support their answers with at least one quote or dialogue from the characters in the story. My students found this challenging, but very interesting! It makes them delve more deeply into the plot and conflicts of the story. This can be used either as a reading activity or as an open book test or quiz at the end of the story. There are 13 Answering with a Quote questions and answer sheets are also included.
2) The War "Scavenger Hunt for Information, Activitiy: There is a 26 question active reading scavenger hunt where students actively hunt for information while they read. This scavenger hunt is meant to enhance enjoyment and check for understanding. They are always a hit with my high school kids. Answer sheets are included.
3) A Word Detective/Word Attack vocabulary activities.
In this activity, students act as vocabulary detectives using their word attack skills and context clues to determine the meaning, of new words in context using actual dialogues and narration from the story. They are also asked to provide synonyms and identify parts of speech. There are also questions related to figurative language and word variation. Answer sheets are again included.
4) A comprehensive crossword puzzle related to the characters, events, vocabulary, and figurative language of the story.
5) An Elements of a Short Story Graphic Organizer: An active reading graphic organizer that helps your students identify and chart the literary elements in the novel as they read.
6) A Figurative Language Study Guide
This is worksheet and workshop which introduces the figurative language in the short story. It focuses on the six most common kinds of figurative language used by the author; simile, metaphor, personification, hyperbole, synecdoche and allusion and also touches on a very important literary device, foreshadowing.
You can also access my store at