War of 1812.
Key Words include:
Oliver Hazard Perry
Battle of Lake Erie
General Isaac Brock
General William Hull
Raisin River Massacre
This PowerPoint presentation examines:
- Why America declared war on Britain
- Who opposed the war and why
- What America had hoped to achieve with a war
- Tecumseh uniting with Britain
- Three attempts at invading Canada
- The Battle of Frenchtown
- The Battle of Lake Eerie and its importance
- The Battle of Thames and the death of Tecumseh
Overarching Question (Thinking Focus Question):
- How was the United States unprepared for war with Britain?
**CAN BE ALTERED!** This is lesson 6 of the Industry and Westward Expansion Unit. It comes with an engaging and visually appealing 31-slide PowerPoint presentation with easy to understand content illustrated with charts and pictures. This PowerPoint lesson is accompanied by a three-page graphic organizer - answer key included!
Here are other lessons in this unit you may be interested in:
Lesson 1: Louisiana Purchase
Lesson 2: Lewis and Clark Expedition
Lesson 3: War with Tripoli and the Embargo Act
Lesson 4: Tecumseh and the Battle of Tippecanoe
Lesson 5: War Hawks
Lesson 6: War of 1812 (Part 1)
Lesson 7: War of 1812 (Part 2)
UNIT: Industrial Revolution and Westward Movement UNIT - Part 1 of 2
Be sure to follow my store by clicking on the GREEN STAR next to my ZoopDog picture to receive notifications of new products. Thanks for stopping by my store!
- This product may NOT be copied and distributed outside of the scope of your classroom.
- This product may NOT be uploaded to the Internet or stored in a public retrieval system outside of the scope of the project itself (ex. your district website, slideshare.com, wikispaces.com, slideguru.com, your own personal website, etc.
- You may store this on your teacher website only if it is password protected.
- The slides included in this resource may not be used to create something new, and or distributed in any way without written consent from the author.