Do you teach the second grade Core Knowledge curriculum? Wondering how to relate the important people and events of the War of 1812 to second graders? This bundle is a great way to teach kids in a fun, meaningful way.
*People to Know Tri-fold – teach how to take notes on important people with room to draw portraits. Includes student work samples
* People to Know Portrait Cards
*Word of the Day – introduce key vocabulary as you teach the lessons.
* Vocabulary Accordion Book – Use the Word of the Day to make content vocab concrete with this folded book.
* War of 1812 Map
* Star-Spangled Banner Lyrics Self-Checking Puzzle
*U.S.S. Constitution/Chesapeake Venn Diagram.
* War of 1812 Timeline – teach kids how to construct a timeline. Each event has a spot for an illustration. Includes student work samples
*I Have, Who Has? Cards - content review game Includes example photo
*War of 1812 – Did You Know? – 19 curious facts about this unique war
*Grading rubric ideas – by looking at this unit in a different light see how to get several grades at once
It is assumed you have the War of 1812 C.K. teacher manual and student book produced by Pearson, as highlighted on the CK website.
PLEASE NOTE: I’ve significantly reduced the Additional Users License Fee to make this available for an entire grade level. When you check out, click EDIT next to the word 'Licenses' or the red button "Buy licenses to share'. Add additional licenses to cover your team. You’ll feel good about following TpT rules and be able to divide the overall cost.
This unit is now included in a BUNDLE. Click below for details.
Second Grade Core Knowledge Social Studies BUNDLE
Reading Strategy Homework – Engage in authentic practice! Any level! Any book!
Indoor Recess 30+ Activity Cards: Scrap Paper Set
Follow me to get notices on sales, freebies and new products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase click on the Provide Feedback button. You'll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. I value your feedback.