This is a PowerPoint presentation on steroids. The full version
has 60 multimedia bell activities for language arts students, grades 5-9. (This free version has 1 activity for 7 of the following 12 skills):
• Correcting run on sentences
• Using sentence combining to eliminate short choppy sentences
• Turning sentence fragments into complete sentences
• Eliminating wordiness in sentences
• Correcting misspelled words
• Identifying synonyms and antonyms
• Using correct forms of words
• Solving analogies
• Adding capitalization where necessary
• Using correct punctuation
• Reordering sentences in paragraphs
• Writing paragraphs based on given topic sentences
The teacher displays a problem on the classroom TV, SMART Board, or on the projector screen.
Every problem contains a looping photo animation and a looping, classic rock, instrumental audio clip to engage students' attention.
The problem is visible and audible as students arrive. After 3 to 5 minutes, the teacher shows the solution slide and conducts a brief discussion or explanation if necessary.
A detailed table of contents slide is included to assist in tracking the problems that have been displayed.
Compatible with PowerPoint 2007, 2003, and 2000.
♥♥♥Could you use another 45 warm up activities? Get Set Go!
might be just what you're looking for!
Warming Up to Language Arts
by Chad Manis
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License