This is a PowerPoint presentation on steroids, a collection of 60 multimedia bell activities for language arts students, grades 5-9. There are 5 activities for each of the following 12 skills:
• Correcting run on sentences
• Using sentence combining to eliminate short choppy sentences
• Turning sentence fragments into complete sentences
• Eliminating wordiness in sentences
• Correcting misspelled words
• Identifying synonyms and antonyms
• Using correct forms of words
• Solving analogies
• Adding capitalization where necessary
• Using correct punctuation
• Reordering sentences in paragraphs
• Writing paragraphs based on given topic sentences
The teacher displays a problem on the classroom TV, SMART Board, or on the projector screen.
Every problem contains a looping photo animation and a looping, classic rock, instrumental audio clip to engage students' attention.
The problem is visible and audible as students arrive.
After 3 to 5 minutes, the teacher shows the solution slide and conducts a brief discussion or explanation if necessary.
A detailed table of contents slide is included to assist in tracking the problems that have been displayed.
Compatible with PowerPoint 2007, 2003, and 2000.
Warming Up to Language Arts
by Chad Manis
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License