Also included in
- Whether you are assigning the memoir to the whole class, in literature circles, or as summer reading, Warriors Don't Cry Comprehension Checks has you covered.Warriors Don't Cry Comprehension Checks contents:Reading quizzes (5 readings)Whole-book test (multiple choice questions and prompts)Answer key$4.99$7.28Save $2.29
These Warriors Don't Cry reading quizzes contain simple, multiple-choice, comprehension-level questions that motivate students to read. They are quick to administer and score. Reading quizzes support literature circles, independent reading, and whole-class study.
NOTES: This resource is based on the abridged version. Reading quizzes do not assess mastery of literary elements.
- 5 ten-question quizzes
- Answer keys
- Chapters 1 - 4
- Chapters 5 - 7
- Chapters 8 - 11
- Chapters 12 - 15
- Chapters 16 - Epilogue
- Ready-to-print 1-pagers (PDF and MS Word)
- List view of questions (PDF and MS Word)
- Answer key (PDF)
Warriors Don't Cry by Melba Pattillo Beals
This is an excellent book for developing or resistant readers in middle and upper grades. The memoir recounts the experiences of young Melba as she fights to integrate Little Rock Central High School. The book is engaging for adolescent readers despite the low reading level.
- Lexile level: 1000L
- Accelerated Reader interest level: upper grades
- Accelerated Reader book level: 6.5