Also included in
- This bundle consists of EVERY Unit 6 Lesson (and additional resource) that I've uploaded to this site.PLEASE download the FREE RESOURCE before purchasing a bundle to make sure that my teaching style will work for your classroom. And, as always, Word Doc versions of my handouts are available in each$24.99$26.89Save $1.90
- The Global 9 Curriculum covers everything from the Paleolithic Era up to 1750 -- click the links below to check out what's included:______FREE DOWNLOADS!GLOBAL HISTORY: How was French society unequal in 1789? (French Revolution: The Estates System)GLOBAL HISTORY: Imperialism Primary Source/CRQ SetsU$151.99$208.17Save $56.18
GLOBAL 9, UNIT 6
THE PRE-COLUMBIAN ERA and the AGE OF EXPLORATION
- ACTIVITY 1 -- TEXT ANALYSIS: Students will compare and contrast the voyages of both Leif Erikson and Christopher Columbus. They will then determine whether or not anyone 'discovered' America.
- ACTIVITY 2 -- VIDEO: Students will analyze a video and identify three points that make Christopher Columbus a hero and three points that make him a villain. *LINK IS PROVIDED* -- in my district, YouTube is enabled. Check to make sure that YouTube is enabled in your district prior to purchase. If not, substitute for a video of your choice. Word Doc is provided for editing.
- ACTIVITY 3 -- CRQ: Students will complete a CRQ in which they have to compare two documents about Columbus' voyages to the Americas.
- ACTIVITY 4 -- ASSESSMENT: Students will choose one of two options for assessment.
- ASSESSMENT: Students may complete the cartoon for assessment, or answer the AIM using the R.A.C.E.S. format (FREE Download Here).
- ADDITIONAL RESOURCE INCLUDED: PowerPoint with photos of Viking settlements and maps of Columbus' maiden voyage.