Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Check out tons of lesson plans just like this for ESL students of all levels at Zippylessons.com!
Where were you last night?
Who were you with?
By the end of this lesson, your students will be able to form sentences like these!
In this lesson, your students will play the role of detectives to interrogate their classmates about a crime that has been committed. Use this fun role play to introduce and practice using was and were to talk about the past.
It is meant to last 1 hour - 1.5 hours, perfect for most English classes. It comes with both a student version and a teacher version, so you have everything you need to deliver a great lesson!
In this purchase, you will receive:
- 3 pages of high-quality material, designed to guide your student through the learning process, including...
- A warm up activity to review prepositions of place (in, at, and on) and get students talking.
- Activities that gradually introduce common locations in the past simple using was and were
- A final interrogation activity so students can practice what they've learned.
- Grammar notes and instructions to make sure you are prepared for anything that comes your way
- Answer key with the answer to every question in the lesson
- A lesson plan planned down to the minute to ensure you stay on track.
My students love this lesson, and I'm sure yours will too. Use it once or use it for years to come!