Washington Geography is a State and Common Core aligned Resource that uses Nonfiction Informational Text, a balanced mix of engaging hands-on activities and EIGHTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments to teach students about Washington's Geography.
NEED MORE WASHINGTON STATE RESOURCES? CHECK OUT OUR WASHINGTON HISTORY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
• Questions after each Geography lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Language Skill activities to foster Literacy in Social Studies
• Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions that encourage Critical Thinking
• Reference Map Skills using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
• Latitude and Longitude Mapping activities
• Grid Maps using Number/Letter pairs on a Coordinate Grid
• Thematic Map Skills utilizing colors and symbols
• Pie Charts and Circle Graphs
• United States Time Zone Map + Follow-Up Questions
• Primary and Secondary Source Differentiation
• Vocabulary activities and quizzes
Students will then use the Washington Geography Content to complete EIGHTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments: (all patterns and step-by-step directions included!):
• TWO Vocabulary Booklets
• ONE New England States Accordion Organizer
• ONE Middle Atlantic States Latitude and Longitude Organizer
• ONE Vocabulary Cootie Catcher with One-Pocket Organizer
• ONE Great Lakes States Pocket Organizer
• TWO Vocabulary Foldables
• ONE Southeast Region Reference Map
• TWO Vocabulary Flaps Organizers
• ONE Southwest Region Flip Book
• ONE Pocket Vocabulary Organizer
• ONE Mountain States Pie Chart Booklet
• ONE Pacific States Fact Cards + One-Pocket Organizer
• ONE Washington's Regions Tab Booklet
• ONE Washington's Water Resources Cube Foldable
• ONE Washington State Travel Brochure
Washington Geography places a heavy emphasis on Mapping Skills, taking students on a journey through the five Regions of the United States before bringing them home to Washington's Regions, Washington's Water Resources, and Washington's Points of Interest.
Each of the 8 Washington Geography lessons requires students to create Reference and Thematic maps based on Cardinal and Intermediate Directions, Latitude and Longitude, Number and Letter Coordinates, Pie Charts, and Grid Systems.
Northeast Region (Cardinal/Intermediate directions; Latitude/Longitude)
Middle West Region (Number/Letter Coordinates; Grid Systems)
Southeast Region (Cardinal/Intermediate Directions)
Southwest Region (Latitude/Longitude)
West Region (Cardinal/Intermediate Directions; Number Coordinates; Pie Charts)
Washington's Regions (Thematic Maps)
Washington's Water Resources (Thematic Maps)
Washington's Points of Interest (Reference Maps)
We've included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the Interactive Notebook assignments.
Download the Washington Geography Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, State and Common Core Standard Alignment, sample lessons, and activities.
OUR OTHER WASHINGTON AND WEST REGION RESOURCES:
WASHINGTON STATE HISTORY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
WEST REGION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE – 11 INTERACTIVE MINI UNITS + AUDIO
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING WASHINGTON GEOGRAPHY EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2018-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.