From Electric English...
This is a comprehensive packet for Washington Irving and his short stories, "The Devil and Tom Walker" and "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow". You might notice as you peruse my store that each of these items is listed individually, as well as, bundled. For example, the rubric for an essay is listed separate from the essay itself.... This is not because I am greedy or want to squeeze one more dollar out of you. Had I included the rubric with the essay, I would have listed the price at a dollar higher anyway.
No, I list everything separate because as a teacher, I know, that sometimes you want some material but do not want other material. And, you should not have to pay for items you do not need. To continue with my previous example, you might just want to do the rubric yourself and save the money.... I completely understand the need to save money; what teacher doesn't :) But if you do want it all...
This packet contains about two weeks of work, give or take a day. I have, intentionally, not included lesson plans with these packets because I feel, at times, they can be stifling.... The idea here is; you can pick and choose whatever material you want; in whatever order you want (depending on the time you have); instead of, constantly feeling like you must adhere to a certain schedule. Plus, this way, you have many resources at your disposal and can mix and match from year to year depending on your mood. This packet contains the following:
- Biography: Research
- Biography: Annotations with Questions
- Biography: Annotations with Questions Key
- Essential Journal Questions Powerpoint (These accompany the information the students will learn about his life and his work.)
- The Devil and Tom Walker: Full Text
- The Devil and Tom Walker: Images
- The Devil and Tom Walker: Vocabulary Instructions w/ Words
- The Devil and Tom Walker: Vocabulary Template
- The Devil and Tom Walker: Vocabulary Assessment
- The Devil and Tom Walker: Vocabulary Assessment Key
- The Devil and Tom Walker: Romanticism Chart Activity
- The Devil and Tom Walker: Artistic Activity
- The Devil and Tom Walker: Reading Assessment
- The Devil and Tom Walker: Reading Assessment Key
- Song: "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by The Charlie Daniels Band
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow: Full Text
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow: Short Film - Disney (1958) Version
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow: Reading Comprehension Questions
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow: Critical Analysis Questions
- Informational Text: "Marrying For Love.... Of Money"
Please contact me with any questions or observations you might have :)