You can purchase my entire U.S. History course here: U.S. History Complete Course
A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and lots of video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit or homework assignments.
This bundle, which was created for a U.S. history or U.S. history honors class, includes the following:
- A 118 slide presentation that covers the major events between 1789-1814. It begins with the start of the Washington administration and ends with the War of 1812 and presidency of James Madison I have also included an extensive amount of pictures and video clips related to the decade that I have edited together. These are great visual examples that go along with the material and you can pick and choose what you like.
- Four days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which I use as a notebook check assignment at the end of the unit. The notes are broken up as follows:
Day 1 - The Washington Presidency
- this goes over the Bill of Rights, Washington's cabinet, the national bank debate, Whiskey Rebellion, and Fallen Timbers
Day 2 - The Adams Presidency
- Jay's Treaty, XYZ Affair, Alien and Sedition Acts, and the Election of 1800
Day 3 - The Jefferson Presidency
- Marbury v. Madison, Louisiana Purchase, Lewis & Clark/Sacagawea, and the Embargo Act
Day 4 - The Madison Presidency and the War of 1812
-Tecumseh/Battle of Tippecanoe, War of 1812's causes and outcomes
In addition to the notes you will also receive the following documents that can be used for homework or in class assignments:
- George Washington Web Quest - Goes over the precedents that Washington set during his administrations.
- The Start of Political Parties Reading/Questions - covers the rift between Hamilton and Jefferson and the emergence of the Federalists and Democratic-Republicans
- The Presidency of Thomas Jefferson and the War of 1812 Web Quest - Hyperlinks are built into the assignment
- George Washington - James Madison Quiz - This quiz consists of five multiple-choice, five fill-in-the blank, five true/false, and five definition questions. The students only need to study the notes to be prepared for the quiz, but you can incorporate your textbook as well if you like.
Thank you very much for considering this product! Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for U.S. History/Honors classes:
Contact and Colonization Bundle
The 13 Colonies Bundle
American Revolution Bundle
George Washington-James Madison Bundle
The Antebellum Period Bundle
The Civil War Bundle
Reconstruction Bundle (FREE)
The West, Immigration, and Invention Bundle
U.S. Imperialism and Progressive Era Bundle
World War I Bundle
1930s Great Depression/New Deal Bundle
World War II Bundle
The Start of the Cold War and 1950s Bundle