Washington State History is a State and Common Core aligned Resource that uses Nonfiction Informational Text, a balanced mix of engaging hands-on activities and FOURTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments to teach students about Native Americans in Washington, Washington's Early Explorers, the Lewis and Clark Expedition, the Mexican War, Statehood, the Civil War, and so much more!
NEED MORE WASHINGTON STATE RESOURCES? CHECK OUT OUR WASHINGTON GEOGRAPHY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
Washington History includes EIGHT COMPLETE lessons. For less than $2.95 per lesson, we've packed this Bundle with all of the Content and engaging hands-on activities that students need to learn about Washington's State History:
• Questions after each Washington lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Language Skill activities to foster Literacy in Social Studies
• Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions that encourage Critical Thinking
• Biographies of famous people (the Makah, Mother Joseph, Lewis and Clark, the Whitmans)
• How-to-Draw activities following directions to practice Functional Text Comprehension
• Primary and Secondary Source Differentiation
• Historical Time Lines using Picture Cues – great for ELL Students
• Creative, Expository, Letter Writing (Pre-Writing Questions & KWLH Charts included!)
• Grid Math using Number and Letter Coordinates to solve Mystery Puzzles
• Vocabulary activities and quizzes
Students will then use the Washington History Content to complete FOURTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments: (all patterns and step-by-step directions included!):
• TWO One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizers
• ONE Venn Diagram Organizer (Washington's Plateau and Coastal cultures)
• TWO Vocabulary Booklets
• TWO Interactive Time Lines (Explorers in America and Washington)
• TWO Vocabulary Cootie Catchers with Two-Pocket Organizers
• TWO Vocabulary Flaps Organizers
• ONE Famous Person Cube (Lewis and Clark)
• ONE Vocabulary Foldable
• ONE Interactive Pioneer Journal (Washington's Territorial Days)
• ONE Find the Fib Game and Two-Pocket Organizer (Abraham Lincoln and Jefferson Davis)
Washington's First People
Explorers in America
Explorers in Washington
The Lewis and Clark Expedition
Americans in Washington
The Mexican War
We've included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level Washington Writing activities and Interactive Notebook assignments.
Download the Washington State History Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, State and Common Core Standard Alignment, sample lessons, and activities.
OUR OTHER WASHINGTON AND WEST REGION RESOURCES:
WASHINGTON GEOGRAPHY INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
WEST REGION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE – 11 INTERACTIVE MINI UNITS + AUDIO
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING WASHINGTON HISTORY EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2017-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.