This could be used in any history or geography class.
This is a project based alternative to use as an end of unit assessment. Students could do this individually or in groups. Here is an overview.
1. Students choose five of the most important events, people, places, etc. from the unit studied and plan a trip to visit those places.
2. Students create five journal entries detailing the place visited and why it is important.
3. Students create a map, including key, showing their journey.
4. Students research and document basic costs such as airline, train, and lodging costs.
5. Students present their trip to other small groups.
Directions for the student, example of quality work, and grading rubrics are included.
Common Core Standards Addressed:
Integrate visual information (e.g., in charts, graphs, photographs, videos, or maps) with other information in print and digital texts.
Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences.