Water – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to water terminology (soil water, groundwater, watershed, reservoir, well, runoff, irrigation, and ice cap).
• Explanation of two basic water types (fresh water and salt water)
• Students will learn that most of the Earth is covered in water, but much of the freshwater is in glaciers and ice caps.
• Watershed, soil water, and groundwater discussed.
• Introduction to reservoirs, wells, and runoff water.
• Water treatment cycle explained.
• Some uses for water discussed (including irrigation).
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are fresh water, salt water, ice cap, well, reservoir, soil water, groundwater, runoff, irrigation, and watershed.
• Activity two has students identifying/moving the steps in the water treatment cycle into a picture. Steps include:
- Water supply
- Filtering of large objects
- Chemical treatment
- Settling basin
- Chlorine addition/reservoir
- Community receiving water