Water Cycle Research Report For Upper Elementary and Middle School Grades : We have developed this report template and additional worksheets, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess your students’ Water Research report.
This report is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but answer some higher level thinking questions (Common Core Essential Questions) to apply the knowledge they have learned. You can use this report template in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the questions that you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs.
Each question has one page dedicated to it so each student can answer as much or as little as is prudent for them. There is extra blank paper at the end of the questions for questions that need additional room to answer. This package contains the following water report elements:
1. Title Page- Templates Provided-Topic, student’s name, and teacher’s name) We created grayscale version if you can’t copy in color.
2. What is water?
3. Define and illustrate the sources of Earth’s water, as well as some other water-related vocabulary words.
4. Describe the water cycle. On the following page, color and label the water cycle.
5. What role does water play in shaping and reshaping our Earth’s surface?
6. What are the percentages of salt water and fresh water on Earth and where does each type of water exist?
7. Why do plants, animals, and people need water to survive?
8. How much water does each person need each day? Combine the amount needed for consumption and other personal needs for daily life.
9. Does everyone person on this Earth have access to potable water? If not, why not?
10. What are the diseases associated with contaminated water? Describe them.
11. What are droughts? What are floods? How do each type of natural disaster affect people and their communities?
12. What are ways that individuals and their families can conserve water? Describe these strategies.
13. Write about a memorable experience that you’ve had related to water. It can be a major storm, a memorable vacation, a water leak in your home, or any other water related memory.
14. What would you and your family do if you no longer had running water in your home and the closest fresh water well was five miles away?
15. Make a poster to teach people how to conserve water.
16. Make a collage about a subject having something to do with water. Cut or tear small pieces of colored paper and glue them down into a collage.
17. Blank paper to add to any of the questions if more room is needed.
18. Additional Information page for any other facts not discussed in other areas of the report if needed.
19. Illustrate a hurricane.
20. Illustrate a flood.
21. Illustrate a drought.
22. How to research your report
23. Note taking bullet form template
24. Note taking lined form template
25. Resource pages and Bibliography Template
26. Student Checklist for editing and revising
27. Rubric for Performance Task Assessment
28. Common Core ELA Standard
29. Teacher Notes
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Social Studies Research Report Bundle
Animal Report and Insect Report Bundle
Earthquake – Volcano – Planet Research Report Bundle
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
Common Core Respiratory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Country Report Packet
Volcano Research Report
Polar Animal Research Report for Elementary Grades
Dinosaur Research Report
Insect Research Report
Amphibian Research Report
Ocean Animal Research Report
Earthquake Research Report
Reptile Research Report
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2013 Carol Beaumont
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display. Commercial License Number 1012173667“Graphics &/or Fonts
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Catherine-S borders on this product are from this tpt Seller
Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com