This bundles includes 4 Powerpoints with a total of 60 slides. Slides include background information for the teacher. Powerpoints include: States of Matter, The Water Cycle, Clouds, and Precipitation. Three labs are included as well as several additional student activities. The interactive study guide includes the entire unit. Students can take notes and record information as you move through the powerpoints. See the list of all items included below.
1. Interactive Notebook including foldables (11 pages) covers the entire unit includes “I can” statements.
2. Interactive Unit Study Guide (10 pages) covers the entire unit includes “I can” statements. Works well with each powerpoint. Students can fill in the study guide as you go. Answer Key is provided
3. Task Cards (20 cards) plus Answer Key
Lesson 1 – States of Matter focused on water
4. Powerpoint Lesson (13 slides) with teacher’s notes includes the three states of matter: solid, liquid, and gas. Includes melting, evaporation, freezing, condensation, freezing point, melting point, boiling point, links to 2 video
5. Ice Cream Lab (directions for hands-on lab activity)
6. States of Matter Sorting Activity (could be used as a grade)
Lesson 2- The Water Cycle
7. Powerpoint Lesson (13 slides) with teacher’s notes includes evaporation, condensation, precipitation, transpiration, run-off, 2 links to a video and the Water Cycle Song
8. The Water Cycle Lab Activity with student recording sheet
9. A Water Cycle Writing Activity (includes a prewriting space and lined water paper)
10. The Water Cycle Quiz
Lesson 3- Clouds
11. Powerpoint Lesson (21 slides) with teacher’s notes includes how clouds are formed, a lab demonstration with a link to a video for teacher’s to reference, fog, stratus clouds, cumulus clouds, cirrus clouds, nimbus clouds, nimbostratus clouds, cumulonimbus clouds, and a link to a video
12. Clouds Activity (includes student directions for making different types of clouds using cotton balls)
13. Powerpoint Lesson (13 slides) with teacher’s notes includes rain, snow, hail, and sleet
14. Interactive Precipitation Map for students to create to see how temperature effects precipitation
15. Unit Assessment
This unit was designed to cover all of the Georgia Standards for Water. If you like this unit, be sure to follow me. I will be listing more Science units.