Hands-on Build a Town activity
bundled in a complete Water Cycle, Resources, & Systems lesson: WATER AS A RESOURCE. This open-and-go lesson includes videos, reading, and assessment.
Save 100%, it's FREE during this back-to-school sale.
WATER CYCLE, RESOURCES, & SYSTEMS - Lesson #2 BUNDLE
This is an open-and-go lesson will inspire your students to love science. In this Mystery, students construct an explanation about a surprising phenomenon: the existence of underground water. Then they play a game in which they must obtain and combine information about groundwater in order to select the best site to build a town. They'll solve the Mystery: When you turn on the faucet, where does the water come from?
✓ Parent email
- Pre-written email for parents that summarizes your lesson
- Intro video that hooks students and sets up the Mystery
✓ Hands-on activity
- Step-by-step video instructions make it easy
- Printable (and editable) assessment with answer key
- An age-appropriate reading extends the lesson
This meets the NGSS 5th Grade Earth & Space Sciences standards and the included reading is perfect for Close Reading to support Common Core.
This is lesson #2 in my complete Water Cycle, Resources, & Systems Unit:
• Lesson 1 - Water on Earth (BUNDLE)
• Lesson 2 - Water as a Resource < [This Lesson]
• Lesson 3 - Water Cycle (BUNDLE)
Hi, my name is Doug!
I taught elementary science for seven years and made it my students’ favorite subject. I want to share my approach with you.
Every lesson begins with a Mystery that hooks your students. Then I narrate an unforgettable story told with stunning images and videos, with many opportunities for discussion. Every lesson concludes with a simple hands-on activity which uses supplies you already have (or are easy to get).
I hope my work saves you time & inspires your students.