Also included in
- 5th Grade Utah SEEd Bundle: This is a year's worth of lessons and units that address all of the Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Save 20% by purchasing together! You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? These units use ph$107.28$134.10Save $26.82
- This is a year-long bundle for 5th grade NGSS. This bundle covers all the standards for the year for fifth grade NGSS. These resources will engage students in hands-on lessons in the 5 E format. Resources also include response pages, informational text articles, interactive notebook inserts, compre$92.60$115.75Save $23.15
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 5th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 5th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$73.32$91.65Save $18.33
- NGSS Fifth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 5th grade for the entire year. Each unit is complete and addresses a standard. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle for fifth-grade science. This year-long 5th-grade science bundle is outstanding!The following resources are in$67.84$84.80Save $16.96
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth grade science.Science Resources in this Bundle:Identify$134.20$167.25Save $33.05
Students will love these engaging labs on water distribution on Earth! This unit offers an engaging and visual way to compare the quantities and proportions of water in all its forms on Earth. Water is distributed in oceans, lakes, groundwater, the atmosphere, and ice.
This resource includes:
- two hands-on Labs
- five pages of nonfiction text
- water distribution lab
- groundwater lab
- graphing and measurement activities
- response pages
- interactive notebook flaps
- QR Code Research
- task cards
- sorting cards
- answer keys
- a quiz
If you use all of the pieces of this unit, it will take about two weeks to complete. See more details about this unit on my blog Water Distribution Unit
This resource addresses NGSS Earth Systems 5-ESS2-2. Describe and graph the amounts of saltwater and freshwater in various reservoirs to provide evidence about the distribution of water on Earth.
In the first lab, students will explore water distribution on Earth making a model and then graphing their results.
The second lab explores groundwater and students will make a model to show how groundwater gathers in the aquifer.
This resource is also aligned with the CCSS for Reading Informational Text for 5th Grade. This resource integrates science and literacy, Reading Informational Text for 5th grade nicely.
Students will understand that different amounts of saltwater and freshwater are distributed on Earth in various reservoirs.
This resource also aligns with
Utah SEEd standard 5.1.2
Use mathematics and computational thinking to compare the quantity of saltwater and freshwater in various reservoirs to provide evidence for the distribution of water on Earth. Emphasize water on Earth in oceans, lakes, rivers, glaciers, groundwater, and polar ice caps.
NJSLS • 5-ESS2-2 Describe and graph the amounts of salt water and fresh water in various reservoirs to provide evidence about the distribution of water on Earth.
Science Concepts Include:
Water on Earth
Distribution of Water on Earth
Science and Engineering Practices used by student:
1. Asking questions (for science)
2. Developing and using models
3. Planning and carrying out investigations
4. Analyzing and interpreting data
5. Using mathematics and computational thinking
6. Constructing explanations (for science)
7. Engaging in argument from evidence
8. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
Please leave feedback for this resource!
By Lynda R. Williams
Visit my blog
See more ideas about teaching Water Distribution on Earth
If you have questions about my resources please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Please see some of my other resources aligned with 5th-grade NGSS