This environmental project challenges students to create a water filter to use with grey water to conserve water resources. The water filtration lab is a perfect Earth Day project. The engineering design process helps students investigate, plan, create, improve, and evaluate their filter. Students observe and collect data to write a report on findings. Leveled texts and writing prompts round out this jammed packed set!
☝ Click HERE to Save 25% on the Money Savings ALL STEM and STEAM BUNDLE! ☝ (Currently: 16 NGSS aligned Projects)
❤ All STEM Projects are OPEN ENDED, allowing student flexibility to create and test unique designs. ❤
NGSS: 3-5-ETS1-2, 5-ESS3-1
- Student Directions Page: Scenario sets students up to create greywater filter.
- Teacher Greywater Solution: Recommendations included to create solution.
- Data Collection Page: Students test and record the results for trial 1. Trial 2 is completed after modifications made during engineering design process.
- Engineering Design Cycle Reflection
- Water Filter Report: One-page report detailing their findings and conclusion.
- Grading Rubric Included!
- Leveled Passage: 3 Leveled Texts: 3.7, 4.4, 5.3
- Science Leveled Passage: 3 Leveled Texts: 3.5, 4.6, 5.5
- 2 Venn Diagrams
- 6 Writing Prompts: Persuade, Inform, Entertain: 6 prompts, two for each author's purpose.
Check out These Additional STEAM & STEM Challenges!
Engineering Design Cycle Flip Cards
⭐ Earth Science:
Water Pollution- Build a Water Filter
Erosion Prevention- Weather Hazard
Flood Prevention- Weather Hazard
Endangered Animal Habitat
Seed Dispersal and Pollinator
Simple Machines Inclined Plane
Sound- Pitch and Volume Create an Instrument
Thermal & Heat Energy Soda Insulator
Colonial Shipbuilding- Density
Magnetic Solution Inventors
Mirror- Light Reflection
Solid Figure Bridge Support
Earth Day- Reusable Invention
Bridge Building Competition- FREEBIE
Thank you for reviewing my product!
♥ ♥ ♥ If you choose to purchase this product, I'd appreciate if you'd take the time to leave feedback. You'll earn credits towards future purchases, and I'll learn from you :-) Win, Win! ♥ ♥ ♥
Let's Keep in Touch!
⭐ Follow Spivey Sparks on TpT!