This colourful and engaging 190+ page unit includes everything that you will need to teach your students about water systems on Earth. This unit covers waves and tides, erosion and deposition, development of ocean basins and continental drainage systems, ocean currents, winds and climate, ocean species distribution, glaciers, polar ice caps and environmental effects.
Specific Lessons Include:
• Identifying and describing properties of waves
• Explaining how waves and tides are generated
• Describing how shorelines are affected by tide and wave action
• Describing processes that lead to ocean basin formation and continental drainage systems
• Describing the interactions of the ocean currents, winds and regional climates
• Analyse the factors that affect species distribution in marine and freshwater environments.
• Describe factors that affect glaciers and polar ice caps and their effects on the environment
Included in this unit plan are:
7 Detailed Lesson plans with extra background information
126 page presentation that matches the lesson plans and student notes with lots of colorful images and video links
Printable student note/journal pages made for interactive notebooks with notes in a cloze style (key included)
4 Inquiry based investigations/explorations
Partner and small group discussion activities
Debate including rubric
Cumulative Assessment (key included)
Links to suggested videos to support learning
If you have to teach your students about water systems on Earth, this is all you need! All of the components work together and the instructions for using all of the parts of the unit are within the lesson plans.
Don't forget to check out my other great products!