Water and the Earth – A Fifth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (ocean, fresh water, evaporation, water vapor, ice sheet, and glacier).
• Ways people utilize the oceans.
• Identification of the major oceans.
• Salt and the ocean.
• How tributaries form rivers.
• Evaporation and water vapor.
• Fresh water sources.
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The editable slides and printables:
• The first activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match definitions with terminology and pictures. Included terminology: river, tributary, glacier, ocean, water vapor, lake, evaporation, fresh water, and ice sheet.
• The second activity has students identify the different water sources in a picture. Included are lake, river, ocean, tributary, glacier, and ice sheet.