Water and the Earth – A Fifth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive presentation slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (ocean, fresh water, evaporation, water vapor, ice sheet, and glacier).
• Ways people utilize the oceans.
• Identification of the major oceans.
• Salt and the ocean.
• How tributaries form rivers.
• Evaporation and water vapor.
• Fresh water sources.
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• The first activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match definitions with terminology and pictures. Included terminology: river, tributary, glacier, ocean, water vapor, lake, evaporation, fresh water, and ice sheet.
• The second activity has students identify the different water sources in a picture. Included are lake, river, ocean, tributary, glacier, and ice sheet.
SMARTBoard presentations require the use of Notebook Software. They are not compatible with Promethean Active Inspire software. There are free SMARTBoard viewers online, however.