Advanced color theory and watercolor lesson for AP, IB or Level 2 and above high school students. In this lesson students will explore color mixing and creating a color system for an expressive portrait in watercolor. This lesson resource includes:
- Powerpoint with examples of expressive portraits with color systems from contemporary artists, step by step examples of the activities that lead to the project, and beautiful student examples.
- Two video demonstrations to help you guide your students through the process of this lesson.
- Folder of ready to print copyright free images of expressive black and white photos of faces for students to use for reference images.
- Ready to print page of five step value scales to pass out to students to aid in their color system creation
- Handout of extension activities for additional investigation/personal research- perfect for AP and IB Art students!
- Detailed materials list with links
- Detailed day by day lesson outline and guide
To see this resource and others in use in my classroom follow me on Instagram @artfulideasclassroom