Each Watercolor Project includes (1) a color photo, and (2) detailed written instructions for completing the painting.
Below you will find instructions for this free product:
DAY IN PARADISE
Paper: Arches 140# cold press
Paint: Permanent Red, Indian Yellow, Thalo Green, Thalo Yellow-Green, Burnt Sienna, Magenta, indigo
Brushes: 1/2 inch angle, #14 round, #1 round
1. Mix a strong mixture of Permanent Red in a plastic cup (about 1/8 cup); make sure it is dissolved well.
2. Mix a strong mixture of Indian Yellow in a plastic cup (about 1/8 cup); make sure it is dissolved well.
3. Paint the paper with water
4. Pour the yellow paint over the wet paper (do not brush on); allow to settle
5. Pour the red paint over the wet paper in the areas that are still white (do not brush); allow to dry
6. Using the angle brush & burnt sienna, paint the trunks of the trees using a side-to-side stroke; make a tall tree, a short tree, and a medium height tree; dry
7. Using the angle brush & sap green, paint the palm fronds using a sweeping motion; fronds may overlap; dry
8. Using the angle brush & thick thalo yellow-green, paint highlights on the palm fronds in a few places; this will look like sunlight
9. Using a ruler, draw the horizon line; skip over the tree trunks
10. Using the angle brush and magenta, paint the horizon line; along the horizon line, make a few downward sweeping motions with magenta to give a look of the ocean
11. Using the #1 round brush and magenta, paint the sailboat and its flag; do not paint the hull of the boat because it cannot be seen since it is so far away
12. Using the #1 round brush and indigo, paint the seagulls