This product is ideal for teaching students how to write about small moments in their lives. Often, when students are asked to write a personal narrative, they will write about a big "watermelon" experience. This resource will help them narrow down their ideas into smaller "seed" experiences. This resource includes:
- 2 color watermelon/seed idea posters with examples to model for students to see how to get seed "smaller" ideas from the watermelon "bigger" idea
- blank watermelon/seed poster like the one listed above for the teacher to use for own examples (color)
- 3 black and white watermelon/seed planning papers that match the above paper for students (one has 6 seeds, one has 4 seeds, and one has 3 seeds to accommodate the size of student's handwriting)
- planning sheet to help students brainstorm 3 details about each seed idea to prepare them to write a personal narrative
- 6 different types of writing paper for students - some have clip art and others are plain, so you can choose what works for you
Please check out the preview to make sure this product is exactly what you are looking for and will meet your needs.
Be sure to rate this product and provide feedback to earn TPT credits good toward the purchase of future products!!!
Click here to follow me and be notified when new products are added. New products are 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
You might also like: