This unit takes students through an exploration of watersheds and the impact of humans on watersheds.
NGSS: MS-ESS-2-4. Develop a model to describe the cycling of water through Earth’s systems driven by energy from the sun and the force of gravity.
• How is your region connected to the ocean?
• How does water cycle through your region?
• What is a watershed?
• What are elements and features of a watershed?
• What are the main functions of watersheds?
• What is the driving force of a watershed?
• How does water move through an environment?
• How is a watershed important to a region?
• How can humans positively and negatively affect watersheds?
• How can healthy and unhealthy watersheds affect you?