Also included in
- Looking for Environmental Science lessons for a 1:1 classroom or a virtual learning environment? This HUGE bundle of lessons, labs, and field activities is designed to facilitate independent learning about freshwater and marine ecosystems and how they are impacted by human development. Even better$41.00$52.00Save $11.00
This bundle of digital lessons and activities is perfect for a high school environmental science course and will introduce your high school students to surface water management and watersheds. Students will also learn about land use near waterways through worksheets on dams, eutrophication, and riparian zones.
*These paperless resources are designed to be used in a 1:1 classroom. If you would prefer a printable version of this lesson, click here.
- Detailed teacher lesson plan- essential questions, standards, included resources, and possible extension activities
- Web-quest for content delivery with guided student notes
- Activity- students interpret and analyze a real watershed map
- Personal water audit activity- students to estimate their domestic water usage
- Outdoor field study- stream macroinvertebrate survey to assess water quality
- Riparian zone lesson- students use water quality data to draw conclusions about the effects of land use on aquatic ecosystems
- Eutrophication data analysis- students analyze graphs to learn about land use and nutrient loads
- Online Google Forms Quiz to assess learning
*Note: To see everything included in the lesson, please use the PREVIEW button above.
▶️How can I use this in a virtual learning environment?
- The digital files can be dropped right into your Google Drive. From there, you can assign the student files to your class.
- Students can use links, videos, and other embedded items to learn new concepts and practice. Students type directly on the pages and can submit them electronically back to you or print them.
This resource is saved in a Google Drive folder, so you will need Google Drive in order to access it.
- With this purchase, TpT will automatically make a copy of the folder, create a TpT folder in your Drive, and add the folder to your Google Drive. In this process, TpT will ask for permission to do this. Here is a link for more information: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Help/buyer-questions/why-does-TpT-need-access-to-my-Google-drive-for-me-to-use-certain-digital-resources
➤My Environmental Science Series includes lessons for each sphere of the earth:
➤What curriculum could I use with this lesson?
This lesson is ideally geared towards high school students and would work well with a general level Environmental Science or Biology textbook. It addresses the following topics in AP Environmental Science (APES):
- 4.6: Watersheds
- 5.11: Ecological Footprints
- 8.2: Human Impacts on Ecosystems
- 8.5: Eutrophication