Also included in
- This physics package includes a full lesson set for a complete unit on Waves and Sound. Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons, activities, and a full, day-by-day breakdown on how I teach this unit in my own classroom. By purchasing this unit vs. purchasing the resources individually, you$20.97$40.94Save $19.97
An introduction to waves lesson package. The main focus of the lesson is to introduce students to the concepts of waves. It begins by briefly looking at two well know wave types, water and seismic waves. It then examines Transverse vs. Longitudinal waves. The lesson then covers wave terminology including Frequency, Period, Amplitude, Crests, Troughs and Wavelength. Lastly the students learn how to utilize the Universal Wave Equation. There are 3 videos embedded right into the lesson as well as one simulation which can be used for demonstration purposes or for student interaction. Simply view the lesson in slideshow mode and click the video/simulation image. Both will automatically open in your browser. The videos are embedded on my site so that I can keep them updated and replace them if needed.
- "This is a wonderful resource! I highly recommend this teacher's products!"
- "I loved how there were videos embedded into the ppt. I will definitely buy more again!"
The PowerPoint contains diagrams, examples and explanations. It includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the PowerPoint) 3 videos and 1 simulation embedded into the slides. I have used this lesson in my own classroom with great success.
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the PowerPoint
- The student version of the PowerPoint
- Student Wave Activity
- 3 embedded videos
- 1 online interactive simulation
- Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
- Water and Seismic Waves
- Transverse Waves
- Longitudinal Waves
- Frequency, Period and Amplitude
- Crests, Troughs and Wavelength
- Universal Wave Equation
The student version of the PowerPoint contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
Within my complete Waves and Sound Unit you can find the following lesson packages:
The entire Waves and Sound Unit can be purchased at a 32% discount BY CLICKING HERE
Please view the Preview File to obtain a sense of my style, see how my power point lesson is structured and evaluate my work.
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.