Waves - Analog and Digital Signals - Middle School Science
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This is a bundle that covers all the middle school standards on Waves. You save 20% by buying the waves middle school products here as a bundle. Students will learn about absorption, reflection, and transmission of waves as well as analog and digital signals.This bundle includes:Waves: Transmission,Price $13.44Original Price $21.00Save $7.56
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 8th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 8th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 8th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources wPrice $84.80Original Price $132.50Save $47.70
- This Middle School Science Curriculum Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses the complete NGSS Middle School Curriculum for grades 6th, 7th and 8th grade. All the NGSS standards for Middle School Science are addressed in this bundle. Save 20% byPrice $263.20Original Price $423.30Save $160.10
- This is a bundle of resources on Physical Science for Middle School. Purchase together here and save 20%. This resource is designed to meet ALL the NGSS standards for Physical Science for Middle School. Students will be engaged in learning about all the physical science topics for middle school. StPrice $84.48Original Price $131.50Save $47.02
- This is a bundle for 8th Grade: NGSS Integrated Model. This bundle covers the PEs and standards for NGSS for 8th grade in California and other states using the Integrated Model for 8th grade. Purchase of this bundle will save you 20% on these resources. This is the set of resources for the NGSS IntePrice $100.96Original Price $157.75Save $56.79
This resource introduces students to the differences between analog and digital signals. Students will learn that digital signals have some advantages over analog signals. Students will learn about using wave technology to encode information and that waves can be used for communication purposes. This resource is aligned with NGSS MS-PS4-3. Integrate qualitative scientific and technical information to support the claim that digitized signals are a more reliable way to encode and transmit information than analog signals.
It is also aligned with
Utah SEEd Standard 8.2.6
Obtain and evaluate information to communicate the claim that the of digital signals is a more reliable way to store or transmit information than analog signals. Emphasize the basic understanding that waves can be used for communication purposes. Examples could include using vinyl records vs. digital song files, film cameras vs. digital cameras, or alcohol thermometers vs. digital thermometers. (PS4.C)
NJSLS • MS-PS4-3 Integrate qualitative scientific and technical information to support the claim that digitized signals are a more reliable way to encode and transmit information than analog signals
This resource includes:
- an informative slide show (24 slides)
- strategic notetaking guide
- response pages
- a quiz answer keys
Save 20% and purchase here as part of the Waves Middle School Bundle.
This resource will take about 6 days to complete if you do every activity and page. A suggested schedule is included.
My resources are not editable. My resources are secure (including the slide show) for copyright reasons. These resources are in ppt and pdf format.
Remember that leaving feedback earns you TPT points toward future purchases. Also, FOLLOW ME to be notified when new products are added. This is a huge bonus because my products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted
This resource is created by Lynda R. Williams. If you have questions about Teaching Science resources, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see my other resources for Middle School Science