Also included in
- This bundle includes my online unit and my printable unit for Waves Fourth Grade. These units have different activities, but they address the same standards. This resource is for someone that needs both printable materials and Google app materials to teach about waves. These two resources are bundle$8.96$14.00Save $5.04
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 4th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 4th grade. This bundle also includes an assessment that can be used at the end of each strand. Save 20% by purchasing this as a bundle. Save lots$42.40$66.25Save $23.85
- NGSS Fourth Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 4th grade for the entire year. These resources include slideshows, informational text reading passages, science labs, science centers, response pages, and an assessment for each strand of NGSS fourth grade. Do you want an NGSS b$57.47$89.80Save $32.33
- This fourth-grade NGSS science bundle includes all of my resources for 4th-grade NGSS. It also includes fourth-grade resources for reading informational text. Teachers and school districts will love this Huge fourth-grade NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers, nonfiction articles, and mor$116.77$179.50Save $62.73
- This NGSS Bundle for 4th grade will provide your students with a year's worth of engaging science lessons, readings, worksheets, slideshows, labs, games, and more! Fourth-grade students will love these NGSS aligned activities! You Save 20% by purchasing them here together. These resources are specif$75.49$117.95Save $42.46
- Fourth Grade Utah SEEd Bundle This resource bundles all my 4th-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? This huge bundle includes a year’s worth of r$82.05$128.20Save $46.15
- This is a physical science unit addressing the NGSS standards for 4th-grade physical science. This resource includes lesson plans, informational text articles, slide shows, response pages, and interactive notebook inserts. The lessons within these units are aligned with NGSS for 4th-grade physical s$31.07$43.15Save $12.08
Students will explore waves and concepts relating to waves in hands-on, engaging ways, and also through reading informational text about waves. Students will learn about amplitude and wavelength and that waves transfer energy rather than matter.
This resource is designed to address two 4th grade standards for NGSS Energy and Waves and Applications in Technologies for Information Transfer. Students will make models and identify the parts of the wave.
NGSS 4-PS4-1. Develop a model of waves to describe patterns in terms of amplitude and wavelength and that waves can cause objects to move.
Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electric currents.
This resource also covers Utah SEEd standards.
Standard 4.3.1 Develop and use a model to describe the regular patterns of waves. Emphasize patterns in terms of amplitude and wavelength. Examples of models could include diagrams, analogies, and physical models such as water or rope. (PS4.A)
This resource includes:
- inquiry-based lessons
- 4 pages of informational text
- response pages
- interactive notebook flaps
- a review game with cards
- six hands-on activities
- labs on waves
- answer keys
This resource includes six hands-on lessons with easy-to-find materials. This is one of my most popular resources!
Science Topics Addressed Include:
Patterns in Waves
Making a Model
Hands-on Activities include:
Jump rope waves
Wax stick waves
*Other Materials Can be Substituted
For NGSS 4th Grade
Next Generation Science Standards
Reading Informational Text Strategies Include:
Main Idea and Supporting Details
Reading Back In The Text
Quoting From Text
Explaining What Text Says
Please leave feedback for this resource. Feedback will earn you valuable TPT credit that you can use to purchase other resources!
Please visit my blog
Please note that the slide shows and pages are not editable. They are secure and protected by copyright. This resource is created by Teaching Science with Lynda R. Williams
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at email@example.com
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
By Lynda R. Williams
Teaching Science With Lynda
Please see my other resources: