Do your students need to review waves? This scavenger hunt contains 26 questions and answers related to waves. This activity is a great review to get your students up and moving!
1. Print pages 4-29. I like to laminate the pages for durability so that they will last for a really long time, but that is totally optional.
2. Randomly place the papers around your room, or hallway, or even outdoors if it’s a nice day! Make sure you don’t hang them in order – you want them all mixed up.
3. Have the students spread out (I say no more than 2 students per sign) so that they begin at different locations.
4. The students will read the question on their sign and then I tell them to write down a condensed form of the question on their paper. Once they do that, they will have to search for the answer on one of the other signs.
5. When they find the correct answer, I tell the students to record the answer on their sheet. Next they should read the new question and go search for the answer to that one.
6. This “scavenger hunt” will continue until the students have read and answered every question.
7. If the students answer all of the questions correctly, they should finish at the same sign they started at!
I have included 2 versions:
1 scavenger hunt with QR codes
1 scavenger hunt without QR codes
Why use QR codes?
Students can look for their answers by scanning the QR code on each paper. Connection to the internet is not required to scan the code. However, a QR scanner is required on the device. There are several free apps available to download.
I was slow to start using QR codes in my classroom, but I highly recommend them! Students love being able to use their phones (or iPads or laptops).
Still not convinced about using QR codes in your classroom?
Use the version without QR codes! I have included both versions so you have the choice. :)
Your download will include:
-26 questions with QR codes
-26 questions without QR codes
-answer sheet for students to record their answers
-answer key for you
I hope your students will enjoy this scavenger hunt as much as mine do!