Waves - Transmission - Absorption - Reflection - Refraction - Making a Model
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This is a bundle that covers all the middle school standards on Waves. You save 20% by buying the waves middle school products here as a bundle. Students will learn about absorption, reflection, and transmission of waves as well as analog and digital signals.This bundle includes:Waves: Transmission,Price $16.80Original Price $21.00Save $4.20
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 8th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 8th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 8th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources wPrice $106.00Original Price $132.50Save $26.50
- Do you want to save time in planning for middle school science? This Middle School Science Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses all the NGSS standards for Middle School Science! Save 30% by purchasing this bundle! Get back to the fun of teachinPrice $296.31Original Price $418.80Save $122.49
- This is a bundle of resources on Physical Science for Middle School. Purchase together here and save 20%. This resource is designed to meet ALL the NGSS standards for Physical Science for Middle School. Students will be engaged in learning about all the physical science topics for middle school. StPrice $105.60Original Price $131.50Save $25.90
- This is a bundle for 8th Grade: NGSS Integrated Model. This bundle covers the PEs and standards for NGSS for 8th grade in California and other states using the Integrated Model for 8th grade. Purchase of this bundle will save you 20% on these resources. This is the set of resources for the NGSS IntePrice $126.20Original Price $157.75Save $31.55
- Do you teach 6th-grade science in South Carolina? This bundle is a year-long set for 6th grade South Carolina based on the South Carolina College and Career Readiness standards. My resources include phenomena, Science and Engineering Practices, and Crosscutting Concepts. Students will love the variePrice $97.20Original Price $121.50Save $24.30
Do you need to teach about waves? Students will learn about Transmission, Absorption, Reflection, and Refraction in waves. Students will make a model to demonstrate their understanding of how waves are absorbed, transmitted, refracted, and reflected as they move through materials.
This waves unit also includes the following:
- a slide show
- strategic notetaking guide
- two reading informational text passages
- two labs
- response pages
- interactive notebook folds
- a quiz
- Answer keys
Teachers Love This Resource!
Collette ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Extremely Satisfied
This was a very useful resource while we were studying Waves. My students used the articles as Great Starts at the beginning of class. I also used the guided notes for my students who need more scaffolding.
Edith ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Extremely Satisfied
I loved this unit on waves. Great information and a nice mix of activities. Reading passages and slide show were awesome and the students loved the labs.
Aligned with these standards:
MS PS4-2 Develop and use a model to describe that waves are reflected, absorbed, or transmitted through various materials.
Utah SEEd Standard 8.2.5
Develop and use a model to describe the of waves and how they are reflected, absorbed, or transmitted through various materials. Emphasize both light and mechanical waves. Examples could include drawings, simulations, and written descriptions of light waves through a prism, mechanical waves through gas vs. liquids vs. solids, or sound waves through different mediums. (PS4.A, PS4.B)
See the preview for more details!
Save 20% and purchase here as part of the Waves Middle School Bundle.
- Remember that leaving feedback earns you TPT points toward future purchases.
- FOLLOW ME to be notified when new products are added. This is a huge bonus because my products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted
This resource is created by Lynda R. Williams. If you have questions about Teaching Science resources, please contact me at email@example.com
See my other resources for Middle School Science
My resources, including the slide show, are secure and not editable. This is for copyright reasons. These resources are in ppt and pdf format.