This product uncovers prior knowledge students have on the unit: Waves. This product comes with a 23 Presentation slide (PDF), a worksheet to go along with the presentation or stand alone, an answer key, and a unit cover page with unit vocabulary with the Next Generation Science Standards. There is also an editable unit cover for teachers who do not use the Next Generation Science Standards (6 printable pages: colored and black and white versions). This product is part of my Waves Unit Bundle
. Buy the bundle, save time, and money!
Check out my other Waves Unit products:
Assessments- Answer key and Reflection activity
Lesson- Property of Waves
Lesson- Property of Light: Opaque, Translucent, and Transparent
Lesson- Refraction and Diffraction
Project- Trivia Board Game for Wave Unit
Check out my Physical Science Complete Year Bundle!
Unit cover comes with the standards, benchmarks and a word bank with a list of typical vocabulary words covered throughout the unit.
This pre/post-assessment has ten statements students will identify as either true or false and then explain. Students will then be asked to create a title page by writing the unit title and include three pictures with four colors. This provides the teacher an opportunity to discover what students know, don't know, and will learn. Use them as warm-ups too!
-Presentation: A 23 presentation slide is included with the same questions from the printouts, which can lead a whole class discussion.
Suggestion: make "True/False" cards for students to hold up and watch how all students are engaged with this fun and collaborative discussion lesson/assessment!
1. Make sure to extract file in order to open the zipped file.
2. If you purchase this product and the unit bundle, please note you will be purchasing duplicates so buy the bundle and save time and money!
4. To view the Presentation--which is a PDF-- open the PDF, click on “View” and then on “Full Screen Mode.”
5. This product is not editable, except for the one page unit cover with the standards and benchmarks.
Check out my science bundles, which includes:
• Table of contents, score sheet and teacher notes
• Teacher resources/strategies for grading/tips
• Pre-Assessment (can be used as warm-up)
• 5 Lessons: Cornell notes corresponding with Presenation and an activity
• Projects with rubrics and templates
• Assessments with answer keys and reflection activity
Scientific Investigation Unit Bundle- Science Interactive Notebook
Rock and Mineral Unit Bundle: Earth Science Interactive notebook
Plate Tectonics Unit Bundle: Earth Science Interactive notebook
Earth's Waters Unit Bundle
Earth Science/Astronomy Unit Bundle: Earth, Sun, and Moon
Solar System Unit Bundle: Notes, PowerPoint, projects, assessments, & Activities
Astronomy Unit: Stars, Galaxies, and the Universe
Astronomy Mega Bundle
, which includes all three of my astronomy bundles.
Matter and Chemistry Unit Bundle- Physical Interactive Notebook
Force and Motion Unit Bundle
Energy Unit Bundle
Meteorology and Atmosphere Unit Bundle
Electricity and Magnetism Unit Bundle
Earth Science entire year bundle!
Earth Science Unit Mega Bundle (3 units)
I ♥ Followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the “Follow Me” star under The Teacher Time Saver. Don't forget to leave a review too!
The Teacher Time Saver