Science Interactive Notebook – Waves
** Note: This product is part of The Complete Physical Science Interactive Notebook Click here to view.
In this featured chapter – Waves – students will be given the opportunity to show their understanding of the included concepts by completing the engaging and creative activities for the OUTPUT side of their Science Interactive Notebook. Activities range in variety for each chapter.
Download preview to see examples of pages.
Waves include the following concepts:
• The Nature of Waves
• Features of Waves
• Behavior of Waves
• Electromagnetic Spectrum
• Communicating with Radio Waves
Students will be able to:
• Recognize waves carry energy not matter
• Compare and contrast compressional waves and transverse waves
• Identify the parts of a wave – wavelength, frequency, period, amplitude, crest, trough
• Explain how a waves amplitude and energy are related
• Calculate wave speed
• Explain why waves change direction when they travel from one medium to another
• Compare and contrast refraction and diffraction
• Describe constructive and destructive interference
• Describe properties of electromagnetic waves
• Compare the various types of electromagnetic waves – xrays, ultraviolet, gamma, infrared
• Distinguish between AM and FM radio
• Identify different uses of radio waves
Each concept shares:
• Actual photos of INPUT/OUTPUT pages of Science Interactive Notebook
• Instructions on how to create/use/complete activity for OUTPUT side
• Mini-Quizzes for each concept to check students’ understanding
• Answer Keys for all mini-quizzes
Want to be the first to know when NEW Nitty Gritty Science RESOURCES become available?
Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower
. Booyah! You just started getting down to the Nitty Gritty in Science Education - you will now receive email updates about this store.
Nitty Gritty Science, LLC ©2016
All rights reserved.