Students will create a clay cupcake inspired by POP artist Wayne Thiebaud.
In this lesson, each student will:
• Learn the basic technique of creating a pinch pot and coil method and create a clay cupcake.
• Create a clay cupcake using clay and clay tools.
• Use their knowledge of basic clay techniques and create a clay cupcake out of clay.
• Incorporate the elements of art, including shape, color, texture and balance within their clay cupcake.
• Respond to and analyze to work of their peers and discuss connections to their own work and the work of artist Wayne Thiebaud.