Remind your students about the different techniques they can use to end their essays. Can also be used as a handout. The poster includes the following ideas:
1. Summarize the main points in different words, AND:
2. Give an opinion.
3. Give a brief anecdote that illustrates the main points
of the essay, or create a scenario that does the same.
4. Give a statement of general truth, such as “One must
follow his or her conscience” or “People will find
time for what is important to them.”
5. Give a solution to the problem, or a call to action.
6. (If appropriate): Personalize the topic by explaining what it has taught you about life, or how your life
has changed because of it.
7. Pick up where you left off in the Introduction,
thereby creating a frame for the entire piece.