We Are the Gardeners by Joanna Gaines | Book Study Activities
Also included in
- Celebrate the spring season with this bundle of Garden Themed book study literacy units your students will LOVE! The units are packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten and First Grade. The craftivity makes a wonderful bulletin board display to showcase learning. Each book study unPrice $30.00Original Price $42.00Save $12.00
- Help your students dig deep into their reading with this ENDLESS book study bundle of literacy units! The units are packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten and First Grade. The craftivities make wonderful bulletin board displays to showcase learning.Each book study unit can be usPrice $799.00Original Price $1148.00Save $349.00
This is a book study literacy unit for We Are the Gardeners by Joanna Gaines. The unit is packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade. Twenty garden themed posters are included to enhance learning.
This book study unit can be used as a whole class activity, during small group guided reading time, as individual student work, or as part of a book club. Copy a pack for each student and you're ready to go!
Your students will love learning about gardening, and the important lesson that we don't give up when things don't work out the first time: every failure teaches us something and makes us braver for the next time!
THIS UNIT INCLUDES:
STORY ELEMENTS ACTIVITIES
- student unit cover page
- making predictions
- story elements
- can-have-are-need graphic organizers
- story retell
MAKING CONNECTIONS ACTIVITIES
- giving my opinion
- giving my advice
- what would you grow in your garden
- what may eat your plants?
- plan a garden
- text-to-self connections pages
- story retell writing pages
- story writing prompt
- making words
- vocabulary word search
- syllable sorting
- word sorting
- vocabulary ABC order
- comprehension activities and questions pages
- problems & solutions
- fiction and non-fiction story elements
- true or false comprehension questions
- author's purpose
- main idea/theme
- favorite part of the story
- story notes
- standards checklists to show alignment with Common Core, TEKS, and VA SOL
- 20 garden-themed posters
MORE PICTURE BOOK STUDIES
Pigeon (for ANY Pigeon book by Mo Willems)
Note: Leave feedback on my resource and you'll get $ off future purchases!
Permission by author for single classroom use only.
I love it when you share my products with your colleagues! Please do so legally, by purchasing additional licenses- they are available at a discounted price!
Uploading this product onto a platform for your own students to use during distance learning is permitted. In all other cases, uploading this product onto the internet (even to a personal/classroom website) is prohibited and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).