*Special Pre-Valentine's Day Price Reduction! 20% Markdown!*
If a hummingbird's heart beats 6,000 times per minute, how many times does it beat per hour?!
Your students will have a wonderful time figuring out the answers to questions like these in "We Heart Animals: Upper Elementary Math Activity Pack".
This unique pack of math activities contains review of a variety of math skills, all within the theme of animals' hearts! Students will complete charts, solve puzzles, and figure out word problems, all while learning amazing facts about animals.
HERE'S WHAT'S INSIDE:
1. Animal hearts word problem worksheet.
2. Animal heartbeats large-number multiplication sheet.
3. Order of operations worksheet (with situations based on facts about animal hearts).
4. Sea creature multiplication facts under 100 color-by-number.
5. The always popular "Secret Code" sheet, in which students complete multiplication facts to unlock a code that reveals answers to cool animal trivia!
6. Clear answer keys.
7. Common Core alignment (download the preview for a full list of Common Core standards met by these activities).
PRACTICE WITH THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
1. Order of operations (addition and multiplication)
2. Fractions, ratios, and percents (minor feature)
3. Large-number multiplication
4. Division facts below 100
5. Multiplication facts below 100
6. Large-number subtraction
7. Finding averages (minor feature)
8. Scientific notation (minor feature)
This pack provides comprehensive skill review with a theme that excites your learners! Its format makes it easy to use, and is perfect for times when you're preparing for a sub and need plans in a pinch!
Its heart theme makes it excellent for use around Valentine's Day (though there is no mention of Valentine's Day in the packet, so you can use it any time of year.)
Bring something exciting and new to your Math practice, and give yourself the gift of time! (And figure out what percentage of a giraffe's body length its heart is!)
No prep--ready to print and use!
Pin ideas you like and stay informed at: