Here are some fun breakfast theme math centers for your students that focus on money and time. There are six math center activities.
1. Breakfast Bucks: Show the price for breakfast menu items using
quarters, dimes, nickels, and/or pennies
2. What Are You Having? Pick 2 breakfast items, write the number
sentence and find the total cost.
3. Here's Your Change! Figure out how much change you will get after
paying for an item
4. Breakfast Time! Match the clocks to the digital time and the written time. The times are to the hour and half hour
5. What Can I Afford? Given an amount, students count the coins and determine what they can buy for breakfast. Then they figure out the change they get.
6. Breakfast Number Stories: There are 5 number stories that can be assembled into a book.