"We Were Liars" by E. Lockhart: A Study Guide is a comprehensive aid to reflective reading of this popular novel.
1. Teacher's introduction;
2. Original annotated list of characters;
3. Commentary and guiding questions for each chapter (81 in all).
The questions encourage readers to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. Students must find their own answers in the text - and they will. They are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test, and can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, jigsaw groups, formal presentations, written answers, etc.;
4. Detailed suggested answers to the study guide questions;
5. Original section on themes;
6. Ideas for groupings for classroom discussion, feedback, and presentation;
7. Glossary of relevant literary terms;
8. Two graphic organizers (plot structure and character) for student annotation.