This energetic, high-spirited performance is ideal for an assembly presentation or a full-school concert.
Lesson Activities progress the students through concepts and appreciation of the script, reciting rhymes, forming rhyming words, and exploring role, rhythm and situation. They will also learn that there are various ways of communication in different cultures.
“We are from Mars” is for Year 1- Year2. The girls become “Women from Mars” and the boys become “Men from Mars”. In 2 groups they recite and perform simple dance routines which they will need to coordinate together.
Why it will be easy:
· The children recite together in groups of 10-12 (no need to worry about stage- fright.)
· The children only have 10 easy rhyming lines to learn
· The dance actions are “called” by an announcer.
· There are 5 Activities to help familiarise students with the script
· Syllabus requirements are met
· The activities and performance can be completed in 2-3 weeks
The resource includes:
· 12 pages
· Teacher Notes
· Australian Curriculum links for The Arts and English
· 5 Class Activities
· 10- minute script