Also included in
- This Preamble to the Constitution Activity Bundle includes FOUR resources related to the Preamble: an annotated close read of the Preamble, with engaging margin questions that guide students through the historic document; a "government-in-action" review worksheet that applies the Preamble's six goal$13.50$15.00Save $1.50
This Preamble to the Constitution One-Pager is a creative project that lets your students demonstrate their understanding of the six goals of government laid out in the Preamble! Aligned to the Florida State Standard for Middle School Civics, SS.7.C.1.6 Preamble of the U.S. Constitution, students read a short passage on the purpose of the Preamble and the importance of its first three words “We the People”. They underline or highlight each of the six goals of government laid out in the Preamble, then, on the one-pager, illustrate each of these goals, using their creativity to demonstrate their comprehension!
This project makes for a great culminating activity, and looks wonderful on a bulletin board of student work!
This resource includes:
✯ “We the People”: Preamble to the Constitution Reading Passage.
- Describes the Constitution and purpose of the Preamble
- Has students underline the six goals of government described in the Preamble
- Emphasizes the importance of the first three words “We the People” in establishing America’s government as a democracy
- Explains why the Constitution was a form of the Social Contract.
- Finally, at the bottom of the page, students are given instructions for their One-Pager activity.
✯ “We the People” Preamble One-Pager template.
- Students illustrate each purpose of government as described in the Preamble, using as much color and creativity as they can!
✯ 2 Samples to inspire your students!
This resource comes as a non-editable PDF!
If you enjoy this resource, leave a review! Go to “My Purchases” on your TPT account, scroll to the resource, and click the green “Provide Feedback” link. You can rate the product, leave a review, and collect TPT credits that you can use on other products!
Other Happy Teacher Products You Might Like:
Follow Happy Teacher Resources so you're the first to find out about new products!