Be sure that you have an application to open
this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
14 MB|44 pages
7 Products in this Bundle
11 U.S. Government Crossword Puzzles Differentiated for Basic and Advanced Levels focused on the Articles of Confederation, the Constitutional Convention, and the basic features of the U.S. Constitution: The three branchs, shared powers, and state vs. federal powers
These puzzles zero in on the reasons why the nation needed a new plan of government, along with the drafting, debates, and ratification of the U.S. Constitution, with significant emphasis on the Constitutional Convention itself!
Looking for a fun way to get students engaged with lesson content and help them zero in on key concepts and important details about U.S. government and the U.S. Constitution? Puzzles work really well, and this bargain bundle of 11 different government puzzle worksheets will give you lots of options for days and days of engaging government fun and learning!
What You will Get in this U.S. Government Crossword Puzzle Set:
• 11 Crossword Puzzles presented in standard format
• 11 Crossword Puzzles above designed for differentiated learning: word bank included to help learners
• 11 Solution Grids (Full answer keys with clues on the same page for teacher convenience)
• 11 Vocabulary Lists (For review, discussion, and vocabulary study as well as teacher reference)
Topics Covered in these We the People Worksheet Puzzles:
Each crossword puzzle included zeros in on one essential government topic. In this set of 11 government puzzle worksheets, you'll find worksheets for all of the following topics:
The Articles of Confederation:
• Basic Provisions of the Articles of Confederation
• Problems with the Articles of Confederation
The Constitutional Convention:
• The Philadelphia Convention
• The Virginia Plan
• The New Jersey Plan & the Connecticut Compromise
• The Three-Fifths Compromise
The U.S. Constitution
• Designing the Three Branches
• Shared Powers among the Three Branches
• State vs. Federal Powers
The Ratification Struggle:
• The Anti-Federalist Position
• The Federalist Position
Differentiated Learning is Embedded in these We the People Crossword Puzzle Worksheets
This We the People Crossword Puzzle Packet contains worksheets with two levels of difficulty to help teachers differentiate the material for their students. The first crossword included features a standard format with just the puzzle grid and the clues list.
The second crossword puzzle page, however, is intended for students that need learning aids – it also includes a Word Bank list that will assist students in filling out the puzzle by providing them with all of the possible answers. This “basic” level puzzle still requires students to think critically, though – they have to read each clue and figure out which word bank entry best suits it.
Teacher Convenience Features in these We the People Puzzle Worksheets
This packet includes a traditional crossword puzzle answer key that shows the words filled into their correct slots. However, to help teachers who want to conduct a class discussion on the terms, there is also an “Answer List” page that matches up the key words with their clues. This format means that teachers don’t have to hunt for answers on the grid when they are discussing items with the class!
Ways to Use these U.S. Government Crossword Puzzle Worksheets:
• Topical review to accompany lessons in any U.S. Government textbook
• Research tasks for students -- have them use online sources to help them complete items that go beyond the textbook
• Review worksheets to cycle back through previously learned topics
• Easy substitute lesson plan activities that students will find engaging and even fun!
• Extra credit worksheets
• Homework assignments
• Group classwork activities
• Targeted worksheets that perfectly match the lessons in the textbook entitled: We the People, The Citizen and the Constitution. See below for textbook information.
About the We the People Textbook These Puzzles Go With
We the People is an excellent high-school level textbook published by the Center for Civic Education. There are actually several levels of We the People available. The one designated as Level 3 by the publisher is the one that matches this question set. It has a white cover with “We the People” prominently written in yellow at the top, while the bottom ¾ of the front cover is a painting of the Constitutional Convention featuring a standing George Washington.
If you have used this text, you have probably had the same reaction to it as I did -- fantastic content, placing government concepts in their rich historical context where they are best understood.... but where are the ancillaries? Indeed, the major drawback I have found to the We the People textbook is a lack of assessments and worksheets -- that is why I have developed my own. This crossword puzzle activity has been used by real high-school students and has kept them engaged and on-task while providing me, their teacher, with valuable information about how well each of them is mastering core information about the American constitutional system.
LOOKING FOR WE THE PEOPLE PUZZLES FOR THE ENTIRE TEXTBOOK?
Your lowest cost option is to buy my "Entire Textbook Bundle" so you get all my WE the People worksheet puzzles for one low price. Or you can buy them unit by unit if you're not sure you'll use the whole book. Just follow the links below:
WHAT ABOUT WE THE PEOPLE MULTIPLE CHOICE WORKSHEETS?
I have puzzles for the entire textbook, but I've also made We the People guided reading worksheets for a lot of the lessons! Since they use a multiple choice approach, they also work great as We the People tests!
Check out the links below to reach those product pages: