In this activity students analyze the weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation by viewing visuals. The lesson includes:
1. 9 stations of visuals
2. A PowerPoint weaknesses presentation with answers
3. a graphic organizer and a guided practice fill-able chart
The activity comes with 4 lesson ideas including:
1. Student driven stations with graphic organizer
2. A student driven resource swap with graphic organizer
3. Class brainstorm activity followed by an independent practice printable.
4. A PowerPoint Presentation with graphic organizer for student to fill out during the presentation.
The last station or slide is about Shays's Rebellion. Students read an excerpt and support a result of the rebellion summary with evidence from the text.
This activity can be done individually or it can be easily broken up into paired work or groups. It fulfills Common Core Literacy and Writing standards.
Includes an answer key!
♥♥♥SAVE BIG! Buy this lesson in a discounted CONSTITUTION UNIT ACTIVITY BUNDLE!
Tony Pavlovich, Instructomania, Separation of Powers, Executive branch, legislative branch, judicial branch, the 3 branches of government, the bill of rights, amendments, The U.S. Constitution, The US Constitution, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Press, Freedom of Religion, Right to Bare Arms, Shay's rebellion, Shays's Rebellion