Weather Activities Introduction for Early Learners - 9 Kinds of Weather
PreK - K, Homeschool
What educators are saying
I use this to follow along with the teacher's themed units. Provides great activities for speech and language!
This is a set of activities to encourage awareness of 9 different kinds of weather for preschool, preK and early kindergarten children.
Click on the PREVIEW link to see many pages, and to decide if this is the educational level you are looking for.
- 9 full page labeled discussion pictures featuring different kinds of weather, in b/w. The weather types are snowy, windy, cold, rainy, cloudy, stormy, foggy, sunny and hot.
- 9 “dictate and draw” pages. Children draw a picture of a specific kind of weather, and the teacher writes the child’s description of it at the bottom of the page.
- 3 “my opinion” printables for the children to complete. “This is the weather today”, “I like this weather” and “I don’t like this weather”.
- 9 large picture/vocabulary strips using the weather words. Can be used as a word wall or in pocket charts.
- 9 large color flashcards to use to make a matching center or group memory game.
- Emergent reader in b/w “What’s the Weather Today?”. There is a reader page for each weather, and a blank page for the child to draw the current weather, if desired.
- "Clothes for the weather" categorizing center – hot weather or cold weather clothes. (In color)
- "Clothes for the weather" categorizing cut and paste printable in b/w.
- Interactive weather chart, for class or individual. For daily discussion – add picture of the current weather, the current season, and clothes that might be worn.
- Dress the Weather Bear activity. This could be a class or individual activity, as a center, as a cut and paste project, or as a small group teaching prop.
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.